12.30.2016

a talk about cute products

To talk about face highlighters means we will probably gonna be here for a while because of all the crazy new releases since the past year, but I'm just gonna discuss about two of the most cult faved for their unique concept. I ultimately scooped the Holographic Stick that I talked about in the past and it's as beautiful as I thought it'd be.
Milk makeup Holographic Stick ($28) and Glossier Quartz Haloscope ($22) are what the cool kids these day call as "natural space light" or "glazed donut extravaganza" type of look. Their very simple format makes applying it as easy as 123 because the only tools you need are the ones attached on your body; warm finger tips. Just swipe and swoosh, blend nonchalantly, and you're ready to be hit by the sunlight and bounce a healthy appearance on your skin, especially with the Quartz stick. It has a solid core of coconut oil so it is very easy to blend and melt into your skin. The Holographic Stick is a little unconventional however, but if you're secretly a sexy alien, then it shan't be anything to worry about. I love how whenever I wear it people will always ask "is it just me or your cheekbones are actually radiating violet sheen?" and I proudly took it as compliment.
Another thing, I finally cleaned my little vanity area and set up some cute display of my favorite looking makeup! I feel like the Sailor Moon caps in the little glass jar helped tie everything together on this little set up though. I ordered this Majolica Majorca powder (1,836円) a day after I saw Jenny posted this on her tumblr mainly because it was love at the first sight with all the stars on the packaging, which right now I'm totally obsessed with. I will show you some star-themed finds sometime in the future posts so keep an eye on that! Oh, these pictures are from my tumblr that's why the editing is different because I took it with my crappy phone.
I have this eyedrop from Rohto with Hatsune Miku's eye on the box packaging and I'm not gonna lie to you because the thing that lured me to make the purchase is indeed...Hatsune Miku. BUT to my surprise, this eyedrop is so amazing because it actually is designed specifically to combat the damage caused by blue light that computer monitors and smartphone screens emit. This holiday I have been developing a worse habit of staring on my phone/computer screen for longer than if I were working, so this can be a quick fix to help my tired eyes getting back to their normal state. Speaking of eyeballs, I'm finally ordering a pair of new glasses which is totally called for since I haven't change my glasses in almost 4 years, I want this new year to start with new pair of glasses. Also it looks cute and I'm so ready to look cute in 2017.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow. that hatsune miku's eyedrop totally blew my mind, especially the fact it's marketed to people like me :D

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i tried it last night and after the tingly sensation gone away, i feel like my eyes aren't as tired anymore. good stuff, you should try it especially if you're an avid user of phone/computer.

      also happy new year! hope the new year will be a better year for all of us :)

      Delete