6.27.2014

life lately...and movies

HI HUMAN


It's been a while since the last time I post anything here!! But tbh I didn't do much beside studying and eating tons of melons and lemon cakes~ My life is pretty bland and boring, but I did watch some beautiful movies that you should also watch too if you haven't already!

BUT, beforehand, let me tell you things that happen this week:



  • midterms
  • midterms
  • midterms
  • midterms
  • did i just say midterms midterms
So yeah that what happens.
Anyway.
I finally watch The Grand Budapest Hotel!!!! I love every bits of it. Wes Anderson's works are always enchanting, especially the actors that he chooses to play in the movie.







GORGEOUS *:・゚✧ щ(ಥДಥщ)

The second movie I watched recently is From Up on Poppy Hill コクリコ坂から (2011) directed by Goro Miyazaki. A lot of people criticized that Goro's works might be a little simpler and less complex than Hayao, but to be honest, it's Studio Ghibli's for fuck's sake. Everything made in that little studio will always turn out magical. This movie in particular, I truly enjoy and find a soft spot in my heart for it. There is almost everything in it; family, young love, confusion, food, etc. The soundtracks were also gorgeous. Reminds me a lot of home, especially this one. My mom used to sing that to me as a lullaby when I can't fall asleep. She said she heard the song in a vinyl record back then when she was a child. Good times, good times.






No comments:

Post a Comment