1.24.2015

mini review: MAMA BUTTER(ママバター)BB cream

I got couple requests on my instagram to put a review about this new BB cream that I got from a brand called MAMA BUTTER. I found out about this brand through my favorite youtube guru, Friedia, when she hauled some stuffs from Japan few months ago. She's actually one of very few people I watch on youtube when I want to seek advice/tutorials since her videos are well edited and she's so articulate when presenting the topics! If you want, I will make a post of my favorite youtube channel so you can be as inspired as I am. Anyway, back to the BB cream, here's what I thought.


First off, this thing is super tiny, but as expected from 30g sized product, no complain here. I actually like how compact and travel friendly it is. This BB cream contained with 5% of natural Shea Butter and SPF25 PA++. I got mine in yellow beige (イエローベージュ). This BB cream only have 2 different shades (bummer, I know) which are yellow beige and pink beige. Since I think I have a neutral undertone, I don't really have preferences, but for your reference I am MAC NC20 and BD10 with YSL Touche Eclat foundation. The shade matched perfectly surprisingly on my skin. I was afraid this would turned out a tad bit darker.

It does not contain silicone, yet I feel like it spreads quite nicely on my skin. As far as coverage goes, this thing does pretty decent job. Although not buildable, I say it's low-medium coverage which is what I prefer my daily skin to look, natural. I have few dark spots on the side of my cheeks and it conceals quite well, but I have to add a layer of concealer to completely cover them.
One thing that actually draws me into getting this BB cream is because the ingredients are mostly ecocert which is good for our skin. It's also infused with organic lavender scent which makes this BB cream smells heavenly. You will hate this if you can't stand lavender scent though, since it's quite pungent--though I enjoy it a lot. The scent disappears after few seconds in contact with skin.

     Coverage:     
3.5/5

     Scent:     
5/5

      Price:      
4/5

     Overall:     
4.1/5
You can read more about MAMA BUTTER's brand concept here ♪ Apparently, their cleansing milk and bath powder are the  most popular from the line. Will try them out if I can get my hands on them.

-----------------

As I'm turning older (21 year old this year), I feel like I gravitate more toward organic/natural products for my face. I also started to look for anti-aging products since I hate the thought of having wrinkles and fine lines on my face (luckily it hasn't showed up yet). I drink more water than I normally would and eat less junk foods to reduce my sodium intake. I hope I can live a better routine for the sake of my health now and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment