2.07.2015

new products, books, little anxiety

I've done quite some shopping lately out of impulse because I clearly didn't need new makeup to cram in my small storage. I don't have any particular 'theme' of what I wanted to buy, but I knew I've wanted to try these stuffs for a while and I thought why the hell not splurge and use some of the leftover monthly allowance I accumulated to get them. The Three Cosmetics Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation (I strangely love the name!) has been on my list to try. It's a Japanese high-end brand (price point is on par with Chanel, YSL, Dior, etc), but what makes it a different high-end brand is because they use 99% natural ingredients. I haven't try the product yet but I think I will enjoy using it. I bought Aesop Aromatique Hand Balm to replace my old hand cream and Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder from Nars because I want it. No other reason.


I knew I want a new fragrance for so long. I don't want to commit to full size yet, that's why I purchase two edp rollerballs from Fresh. I pick something with both floral and fruity notes because I like the combination. I can totally detect neroli, bergamot, pink grapefruit, hint of rose, and jasmine in Citron de Vigne, while Sugar Lychee smells more like faint lychee, mango, freesia, and amber. Both are very warm and pungent, I thought I'll like Sugar Lychee more but turns out Citron de Vigne has my heart. I'm sure it's the neroli and jasmine, or the fact that it reminds me of my mom. I'm sure to repurchase one of this in bigger size in the future ♡ 

----------------------


I'm going to try new samples this weekend. I have more back at home, but I don't want to move out from my apartment these sample so I will use it and probably write about what I thought.


My mom got me that #GIRLBOSS book for me to read because she thought it'd be useful source of information and inspiration for me since I study fashion business. This book is definitely packed with great life story of Sophia Amoruso, the founder and CEO of nastygal. I liked it so far, I'm only a couple pages left until it's finished. I also bought myself a new read for my flight earlier in January. It's The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I l o v e this book!! I never thought I'd like it this much but I'm hooked. It's rare to see me bury my face in a book that's not from Haruki Murakami, but I think I'm ready to be more diverse. Yay me!

----------------------

Not gonna lie, I was quite stressed out throughout January and earlier this February, I often found myself lucid dreaming about bad situation happen on my family a lot which caused panic attacks whenever I'm awake. I feel scared for nothing, and worry too much about my college life and the life after. I tried to block depression and anxiety but somehow the more I try the more it builds up and haunts me. Then something told me to stop trying and just let life goes. I never told my mom that I have anxiety issue, I often told my older sister how I feel because she's studying about human psychology. Sometimes it's not even enough, but I've been drinking a lot of lavender and chamomile infused tea to help me calm down. Maybe I just need to buy more teas...

No comments:

Post a Comment